Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Preliminary Task








Evaluation of Photographs:


















The lighting is ideal in this picture,
although the models' eyes are narrowed, so she appears to be yawning. Other comments suggest she looks 'shocked' or 'surprised', which was the desired effect.






















This picture is better as the lighting is perfect and the facial expression of the model is easier to interpret; her eyes are wide and you can see that she is surprised. All of the students who reviewed this agreed that it was my 'best picture', which I agree with.


















I don't think that this is a good picture because of the lighting, which I feel is too bright, and the fact that the models' eyes are closed. Other people have also pointed out that her face 'appears red' and that this 'ruins the effect' of the picture. One of the three who reviewed this said that it was the worst picture, although I personally disagree.





















I like the effect of this picture, although the lighting is too bright. Others also say that the picture is 'blurry' and 'out of focus'. Two of the three people who reviewed said that this was the worst picture, but I disagree with this.























This is one of my favourites, because the lighting is ideal and you can clearly see the expression on the models' face, although, as others have pointed out, the light is shining on the picture she is pointing to, so it is not as clear as I would have liked it to be.


















This picture is a good idea, as the setting and background are ideal for the effect I want to create, but the lighting is too bright for my taste so I cannot use it for my magazine.




















I like this photo because it is interesting, and gives the viewer more to look at than just the model, and the photo is portrait rather than landscape, which would be better for the cover of a magazine.





















I like the lighting in this picture, as the lighting is ideal and the setting gives the photograph a great background but it is landscape, not portrait, so it does not follow the conventional style for a magazine cover.























Front Cover Plan:











Contents Page Draft:













First Front Cover:





I kept the idea for the picture in my front cover, but I changed the articles so the text was only on one side - this means that if the magazine is stacked on its side, there are still things to grab the readers interest.I chose the picture of the girl looking through the window because it appears paranoid, and fits with the 'Conspiracy' part of the title. 'The Brigg Conspiracy' Is a conspiracy theory magazine, so it needs to appear to be suspicious and not mainstream.












No comments:

Post a Comment