This contents page features a lot of pictures of music artists and articles, giving the page a full, 'busy' look, which is something I would like for my own contents page.
The use of bright colours, such as yellow and blue, is eye-catching, but I would personally use darker colours such as red and black for my contents page to give it a more 'Rock' feel.
Since my issue is going to be a Halloween edition, I would not use such bright colours or light backgrounds; I intent for the backgrounds of my pictures to be black, or darker colours.
I do however like the way the pictures overlap slightly. This is a common convention for music magazines, and I feel that it gives the page a more modern look. Sine my target audience is teens/young adults, it is important to appear modern and up to date.
The use of black stars to show the page numbers of the featured articles gives the magazine a unique touch; it is small details like these which make a good magazine. For my issue I would like to use small skulls or pumpkins in keeping with the scary/Halloween theme.

Just check your language - intent?
ReplyDelete